Rachel in Old San Juan, May 2011

Saturday, March 12, 2011

"Chest and Back" made me do it

After 62 weeks non-stop of P90X, Insanity, TurboFire and other stuff every day, I couldn't make myself do my last 'chest and back' workout for round 3.  Two days went by.  I finally forced myself to do it, and I lifted heavy and beat my rep #s.  And then I couldn't make myself work out again for a week and a half.

If the name of the game for over a year was "mind over matter", even when I had a cold, even when I had injuries, then the name of this past week was "your mind says F off". 

That was an interesting experience.  The sky did not fall.  I just rested my rotator cuff, back and left ankle and got enough sleep.  Took a road trip.  Watched a couple of movies. 

Last night, I was back in the workout saddle.  Went to hot yoga at 8:30 a.m. today.  Looking forward to "shoulders and arms". 

I sweat like crazy at yoga today.  My new non-skid yoga towel had a perfect sweat outline, like a cop's chalk outline of a body.  Feeling very refreshed!  Now I'm back at it-- better, stronger, faster than I was before. 



No comments:

Post a Comment