Rachel in Old San Juan, May 2011

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

4 runs in and feeling alright, but...

My 4th three-mile run felt good, and I ran it at 8:33/mile, which isn't as lame as prior runs.  But my back the next day gave me pause about continuing.  Trying to think of a good substitute and missing my bicycle lately.

Then Yom Kippur came, and I fasted and atoned.  Feeling serene and thirsty, I decided to focus on the raw veggie challenge starting at the end of the month.
Mine is hot pink, though.  way cooler.
I am enjoying a smoothie made in my one serving, hot pink, blend and go smoothie maker. 
It contains:
  • the awesomest, high protein Greek nonfat unsweetened yogurt of all time (23 g protein/130 cal per cup, Fage brand)
  • 1/3 cucumber
  • 1 whole carrot
  • some fresh cranberries
  • splash of grape juice and a cup of water
  • ~ a tbsp of sugar free instant vanilla pudding powder
Delicious!  Trying to incorporate raw veggies in a snack or b-fast item. 

Also made a raw squash salad with winter squash from local farmer's share.  It was hard to peel the raw squash, but once grated, mixed with green onion, chopped eggplant, chopped heirloom tomato, a few dried cranberries and some light balsamic dressing; yum. 

Also took a trip that allowed me to swim laps in the East China sea, run along the sea wall at 5:30 a.m. with Marines, and road my bike all over.  But that's for a different post.  Today is all about the new smoothie maker -- Huzzah!

No comments:

Post a Comment