Rachel in Old San Juan, May 2011

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Jumping Jacks

Baked a sinfully good lemon cake last night for Larry Klosner's 92nd birthday party and while it was cooling, I did a trial run of my jumping jack challenge.  I downloaded an app on my Blackberry that saves workout notes and has a timer, started the stopwatch, and started counting.  It's hard to count that high while doing JJs.

I was determined to do 1033 jumping jacks non-stop, no matter how long that took me.  I allowed a natural bend at my elbow, but did touch my fingertips above my head every time.  This is good aerobic work and apparently rockin' for one's calves, too.

No problem completing.  Time limit, to remind the reader, is under 23 minutes because Jack did his 1033 push-ups on his 42nd birthday in 23 minutes.  My first try took me 15.25.

Check these kids out, though: 
http://chandlerrecords.blogspot.com/2007/10/most-jumping-jacks-in-one-minute.html

Some kid named Maddeline did 112 JJs in one minute.  Go Maddy.  I'm inspired all over again. 

She can do other challenges, too.  Here she is again--

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Longest Hula Hoop

Record: Longest Hula Hoop Time
Name: Maddeline Brady
Date: Oct. 2 2007
On October second Maddeline Brady was at the Chandler school, in front of the Middle school library and hula hooped for 14 minutes and 10 seconds using a standard red hula hoop. Her witnesses were Mrs. Stevenson, Kobe, and Joshua. Maddie reported that her arms got tired.
 
 
Dang, I aint even got a standard red hula hoop! 

No comments:

Post a Comment