Rachel in Old San Juan, May 2011

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Hot Yoga

I googled "Yoga 42" and up popped hot yoga, which is done at ~ 42 deg C.  After locating a place to check this out , can now report that I finished my 4th hot yoga session this morning.  Eighty minutes of sweating profusely is a lovely way to begin a Saturday or a Sunday.  I did both this weekend, as there is an 8:30 a.m. session and that's not early to me.

http://yogapioneers.com/

This place is peaceful, welcoming, friendly and penetratingly hot and humid.  I'm usually not a big 'sweater', but I'm raining on my yoga mat by Warrior Two.  I leave there with my clothes and hair saturated, my brain calm and totally de-stressed. 

That's how 84 minutes of 42 deg C yoga becomes part of my 42 BDC.  It'll be awesome anywhere in that last 42 hours, as December is a great time to sweat your ass off in Minnesota!  : )

No comments:

Post a Comment