Rachel in Old San Juan, May 2011

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

A day of fasting

I said I'd fast if the Packers won the Super Bowl, and so that's what I did yesterday.  I also wore black.

My calves were still sore from JJs on Friday.  My lack of gall bladder and over-consumption of lemon buttercream frosting gave me liver pain.  My back hurt from riding in a car too long,  or maybe it was JJs or maybe being 41 and whiney.

Whatever.  Yesterday was a day set aside for not doing things.  I actively not ate and not worked out.  Both rare.

Today was a great day of diet discipline and gratitude.  I'm actually glad I didn't have to eat a Roethlisburger (a beef burger topped with Italian sausage, fried egg and cheese UGH) which would also make me acutely wish for a gall bladder. 

I'm going to the high school on Monday to talk to four classrooms of science students about food choices and my evolution of eating recognizable whole foods.

No comments:

Post a Comment