Rachel in Old San Juan, May 2011

Saturday, February 19, 2011

X-Co skiing and teaching high school seniors about Jack

Took a lesson at Lebanon Hills Regional Park on an unseasonably warm February Sunday.  The snow was like mashed potatoes.  It was fun.  I learned some stuff.

Could defnitely incorporate hours of X-Co skiing into BDC next December if the weather and snow cover permit. 

I'm also pretty hooked on hot yoga on Saturday mornings!  Went today, and it was relaxing and sweaty and awesome.  My back and biceps are sore and it felt really good to stretch and warm up.



This week, on Thursday, my wonder dog is getting a knee replacement due to a severed CCL.  She is currently a three-legged dog.  This will require some serious dog rehab for 8-10 weeks.  I guess Mable won't be running with me in March when the snow clears.



Burnsville Seniors in science class and science club were interesting and good audiences.  I got to talk a little bit about Jack LaLanne.  I talked a lot about whole foods, drinking tap water, and moving one's body every day.  I also brought a live chicken, and she ran around the classrooms and was a good sport. 

Every classroom knew something about Jack ("the juice guy?") and every classroom had heard of P90X ("my _____ fill in the blank ____ is doing that!").  The teacher assigned a journal entry requiring the students to ask themselves what might they change in their diet and exercize, should they, and to ponder what they'd eaten in the prior seven days.  Woo Hoo!  

No comments:

Post a Comment